Camping at Sprout Lake


Last week my family and I went to Sprout Lake with a lot of our friendly relatives. On the first day most of us went swimming on the docks and in the icy cold lake. There was a white slide that went right into the water. Our relatives also brought a small gray rubber dingy. Sometimes I would go down the slide and land in the dingy. Most of the time a lot of freezing water splashed into the boat.

A few days later, a few family members and I canoed out on the lake and camped overnight in a tent on a small rocky beach. When we first got onto the lake, we canoed around then we stopped on a beach for lunch and a rest. After a few hours my uncle went out on one of the boats to go find a beach to camp on the lake. After another short hour we went to go find our uncle. It felt like forever until we found him. We told him that we found a nice camping spot on the lake. It felt so good to get to the rocky brown beach and stop paddling. My arms were hurting like I just lifted a thousand pounds. While we were hunting for firewood, I found a sort of a big box made out of wood with a hole on top. It soon came to me that it was a toilet. It came out to be useful on the trip.

The next morning, our family and relatives paddled back to the mobile home. Next summer when our relatives get together, I want to go to Bowen lakes.

0 comments: