Blueberries

Yesterday, my family, my relatives and I went to pick blueberries at Gile Berry Farms.

We started out by getting our buckets and then walking down to where all the blueberry bushes were. After a few minutes we all started to notice that very few of the berries were ripe. But then we saw one of my parents friends there and he said there were lots of blueberries in the far right corner of the field. We were soon picking huge berries and our buckets started to fill up.

While we were having a water break under the shade of some tall blueberry plants, my uncle and I heard a buzzing sound. At first I thought it was a helicopter or a plane. But as it got louder, I looked up and there were hundreds of tiny black dots flying around, we realized that the buzzing was a huge swarm of bees buzzing overhead. I have never heard such loud bees in my entire life. For a moment I was afraid, but the bees soon past and nobody got stung.

At the end of our picking, we brought all the buckets back the the house and weighed the blueberries. Mostly everyone filled their bucket three quarters full. All the blueberries together weighed 20 pounds. It was a fun day at the Gile Farm and I hope to go there again soon.

0 comments: