Summer Hummer 09


Today is the day before Summer Hummer 2009. Tomorrow will be Monday, the first day of the five day camp. This year, the theme is Son Rock kids camp. Basically, a camping theme. 

The big difference is that I'm a helper now instead of a camper. Last year most of my friends from  church became counselors but since I'm born in November, I'm younger than everyone else in the grade so I tried to stay a kid as long as I could. I'm sort of nervous because I don't really know where to go. But my friend Jason might be doing the same activities together so at least I won't be the only one lost. Even though I know it's not a good idea to stick with him because we might goof off a little bit, but I'll try hard not to, and stay focused on the campers.

Because I've only been doing Summer Hummer Since 2006, I don't know everything that happens. For some reason, I can remember the last two Summer Hummers but not the one in 2006. I can barley remember anything that happened.

Something I'm looking forward to is the Lads band. I have some of their songs on my iPod. They came to our church sometime last year and I didn't get their autographs or anything. But I did get a Lads t shirt, except it's getting a bit small. Anyway, I want to get a poster and get it signed. My chances may be a bit smaller because the crowd's going to be a lot bigger. 892 kids and 410 counselors!

I hope I can get through the week having a good time and learning a lot.

2 comments:

Jason said...

YEAH ! i was mentioned in ya blog :)

oh &nd GO LADS

Erika said...

I am excited about summer hummer also! I can't wait!