This is my first blog of the summer of 2009. I haven't written since the beginning of last school year because I didn't have much time and I sort of forgot. Just to let you know, I did not end up doing track at school (it's in the last blog).
Anyway, my family and I flew up to Edmonton Alberta to visit some more family. I thought Edmonton was a lot bigger because of the West Edmonton mall and stuff. But when we got to the tiny airport, my dad told me Edmonton wasn't even as big a Seattle, Plus, Edmonton is in the middle of nowhere, that's why the airport was so small.
One thing I like about Canada is that there are great recreation centers wherever you go. The swimming pools are always outstanding. They always have the coolest stuff and there are ice rinks everywhere you go. The closest one here is a half and hour drive away.
While at my grandparents house, my brother and I were banished from the house into a tent in the backyard. You should know that Edmonton is very far north and gets extremelly cold. While my brother and I were freezing to death in the pouring rain, my aunt and uncle, my grandparents, my parents, my four cousins (all girls) and sister were all sleeping peacefully in the warm house. But I'm still glad we had a place to sleep. And we had sleeping bags.
I hope I can go back to Edmonton sometime soon. Next time I want to try to go to the West Edmonton Mall. I've only been there once and it wasn't very long.


0 comments:
Post a Comment