The end of Summer Hummer 09


Summer Hummer this year was of course different. Mostly because I'm a counselor now instead of a camper. It seems 13 years has gone by so fast. After 5 days at Summer Hummer, it makes me appreciate how hard the counselors work every day. It's so much easier being a camper and not having to worry about anything, but, it's about the kids.

The first day we had a delicious pancake breakfast at the church with little smokies. After wandering around for a while, I was told to go to the lower field. Jason was already there. Jason and I signed up for poison ball and dodge ball. That happened every day up till Friday, except on Wednesday when we played capture the flag.

In the afternoon I was assigned to the inflatables. At first it was a boring job, but on the second day it became more fun. Out of the three positions on the inflatable, the job of saying "go!" was the hardest.

The lads were at Summer Hummer the whole week. I like them and their music. But they should play more songs. But I got a poster and my shirt signed.

Next year, if I'm not busy, I'll try to be a counselor again.

3 comments:

Erika said...

I bet Summer Hummer was a blast!

Paul Bunge said...

thank you for your hard work!!

Paul Bunge said...

great pictures!!