Three Cups of Tea


I finished reading the book Three Cups of Tea, the kid version, while I was in Washington D.C. In the car ride from D.C. to NYC (yeah, we went there to).

The book was about a mountain climber who got lost coming down from K2, a mountain in the Himalayas. On the way he got lost twice and ended up in a small village. While he was there he saw little kids scribbling on rocks with sticks dipped in mud. The teacher could only come twice a month and shared the teaching with another school. Even without a teacher the boys and girls sat in the freezing weather and wrote multiplication tables in an open field.

Here, if the teacher even leaves the room, most of the kids start going crazy. Later in the book Greg, the mountain climber saved up lots of money by sleeping in his car and keeping all his stuff in a storage room. He also was kidnapped but luckily was set free. I would never be able to do anything like that. His rich friend later makes a new organization and makes Mark head of the organization and starts to build schools over Pakistan and Afghanistan. With all his hard works he helps many kids get an education and makes girls schools too when girls were banned from other schools.

After reading the book I realize how lucky we are to get free education and don't have to worry about not being able to read. We also don't need to worry about girls not going to school either. But many of kids in America aren't exited to go to school.

I learned I should be happy that I get to live in America and get free education.

0 comments: