While we were on the Washington D.C. trip, some of went to a Holocaust Museum. The museum was incredible. They had lots of artifacts and great things.
The museum was huge and I think had 3 floors. If you read every sign and watched every video it would take ten hours to get through the whole thing.
I learned a lot while I was there. But what still wasn't clear at the end was why it happened. I understood a little bit but not much. I think the worst part was when doctors used some of the Jews for medical experiments. They put some in freezing water to see how their body reacts. One man had to go in a chamber with different pressures and his head exploded. It was horrible.
Many were killed in gas chambers and ovens. it is especially horrible because the Jews did nothing wrong. I also learned that lots of Gypsies were killed too but not as many as the Jews. I am glad that it is over and hopefully something like the Holocaust won't happen again.


0 comments:
Post a Comment