Yellowstone


Two weeks ago my family and I went to the famous national park, Yellowstone, home of the well known Old Faithful.

When we arrived in Livingston after a two day trip, our family came to a KOA campground. There we saw our relatives. The campground was quiet nice, it had a pool, a stage, and lots of nice cabins. Our family stayed in a tent while our relatives stayed in two of the cabins.

On the third day we went to the actual Yellowstone Park. We hiked up a lot and saw many ponds full of steaming water. Off the boarded walkway there were some footprints and it tempted me to step off but I thought about it and decided not to. I later read a sign that said many people have died here because they have been burned by the boiling water under the surface.

The next day we went back to Yellowstone and saw many cool springs. I think Emerald Spring was the coolest spring we saw the whole day. It was blue and deep with yellow on the edges. It was steaming and it smelled horrible. I think it was the sulfur or something like that to make it smell literally, like rotten eggs. After that, we drove another half an hour to the distinguished Old Faithful. After waiting for several minutes, The little mound of steam started to steam some more and then it spurted a little fountain. After a few seconds the geyser had reached it's full height while the people were cheering.

On the next day of our trip, my dad, sister, cousin, uncle, and I went to go horseback riding. I had a great time riding around the mountains, through streams, and into the forest on one of the horses named Hercules.

I had a excellent time in Montana and Yellowstone and I hope maybe I can go back again.

0 comments: